Petroleum Storage License

Petroleum Storage License basically about controlling the storage and handling of flammable and combustible liquids (Petrol, Diesel and Kerosene) to ensure public health & safety on-land is maintained high. The Energy Planning Unit for the Ministry is mandated to regulate the PSL activity under the Petroleum Ordinance (Cap 69). In the ordinance, public/people intend to store (on-land) more than 400 liters of combustible petroleum products (Diesel and Kerosene) must first apply for a license through MPWU. This is also apply to people intending to store (on-land) flammable petroleum product (petrol) of more than 200 liters. 
Public/people planning to apply for PSL on Betio and South Tarawa should apply through EPU and for those lived on the outer islands must contact their respective Island Council Office for assistance.  Attached to this article are e-copies of Application Form (A) and Inspection Form (B).
We are willing to provide further information if still required from your end. 
©2020 Ministry of Infrastructure Development. All Rights Reserved.